Hello neighbors of Edgehill Chamberlayne Court Civic Association!
Disclaimer: ECCCA does not endorse any particular councilman/mayoral candidate.
District 3 Councilman Chris Hilbert will be running for City Council again this year and has asked for your attention. He is hoping to meet with you to discuss his re-election effort and to hear your questions/concerns. He welcomes a “coffee with Chris” event for a small group so that he may discuss his platform in person– if you are interested in hosting such an event, please reach out to him! Also, if you’d like to participate in door-to-door campaigning, he would like to hear from you! His e-mail is Chris.Hilbert@Richmondgov.com.
For now, if you are in support of Mr. Hilbert’s re-election and would like to display a campaign sign in your yard, please e-mail email@example.com with your name & physical address. Once the signs come in, they will be delivered to you!
Northside’s District 3 Meeting is TODAY, Thursday, June 23, 2016 from 6PM to 8PM at the 4th Police Precinct, 2219 Chamberlayne Avenue.
The primary focus will be on the storm recovery efforts to include continuing cleanup efforts, reports from Police and Fire, and continuing concerns of the neighborhoods impacted most severely by the storm.
If you have continued storm related issues, please attend this meeting so the concerns can be catalogued for a follow up response from DPU, DPW, Fire and Police, other areas of City Administration as well as Dominion and other service providers.
Hope to see you there.
A message from the City of Richmond:
Richmond, VA – City storm clean-up and recovery efforts continued today as power outages in the city were down to 970 customers. Street light repairs are about 90% complete. Most City services have resumed normal schedules, with the exception of a few parks and facility closures that remain impacted by storm damage.
- City facilities: Battery Park Recreation Center and Pool is closed due to power outage. Pine Camp Arts and Community Center phone lines are down. Residents with questions concerning City recreation centers can call (804)-646-5733.
- City parks: Bryan Park and Byrd Park are both closed until further notice, due to dangerous downed wires and downed trees in both parks. The Richmond Vegetarian Festival scheduled forJune 25 in Bryan Park has been rescheduled to July 9.
- Road closures: The City is aware of only four road closures at this time. One of these road closures occurred today as additional trees have fallen. Please drive carefully and obey any detours and directional signage you may see.
- Traffic signals: There are some inoperable traffic signals remaining in the City. If a traffic signal is out, drivers should stagger movement through the intersection and treat it as a four-way stop. State Code requires everyone to STOP when approaching a signal or intersection that is inoperable. Please obey the law.
- East Richmond Road landfill: The East Richmond Road landfill is open and operating on its regular schedule from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Residents are encouraged to bring storm related debris to that location.
- Curbside removal of tree debris: Residents can place yard debris, such as limbs and brush, near their property line at the curb or near the alley for collection. If at all possible, large limbs and trees should be cut into manageable sizes to make the removal process easier and quicker. Yard debris should not be placed in the street, alley or on the sidewalk.
The City thanks the public for its patience as the clean-up continues. For up-to-date information and additional instructions from the City of Richmond in response to this weather event, please visitwww.Richmondgov.com, follow the City on Twitter @CityRichmondVA, and stay tuned to local radio and television stations.
City Severe Thunderstorms Clean-up Update for June 20
You are invited to join your neighbors in an event celebrating solar power! It is sponsored by the local nonprofit effort, SolarizeRVA (a program of the Richmond Region Energy Alliance) and Integrated Power Sources of Virginia.
Come with your solar power, energy efficiency, and electric vehicle questions.
If you already have a solar array on your home, come share your story with those considering solar. Solar panel and battery demos on site; information tables and industry experts on hand; activities for children and adults.
Saturday, June 18th
12:00PM – 3:00PM
Integrated Power Sources of VA
6119 Staples Mill Road
Richmond, VA 23228
Join me for my first “Meet and Greet”. I have secured more than enough signatures and am now officially running for the 3rd district City Council seat in Richmond, VA! Please RSVP and spread the word!
The event is Friday, June 17th from 5 pm to 8 pm @ North Central Park (3301 Fendall Avenue).
Bring a lawn chair and stay a while or just drop by to say “hi”. Either way, we’ll be excited to see you there!
Contributions can be made electronically via www.PayPal.Me/colemanforcouncil.
Good morning 4th Precinct MPACT Community:
Attached is the agenda for the 4th Precinct MPACT meeting scheduled for Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at Linwood Holton Elementary School, 1600 W. Laburnum Ave.
MPACT 4th Precinct Meeting Agenda June 2016
This month we invite you attend a MPACT conversation with special guest speakers, Earl Weaver, Code Enforcement Supervisor, and Chuck Davidson our Zoning Administrator who will discuss proper types of codeenforcement violations and the role of Zoning and what is a Zoning Violation. Join us at this meeting to hear from your neighbors, share your ideas, and identify solutions we can implement together to build a better Richmond!
Please note that this agenda may be revised. Refer to the City’s MPACT website for updates. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Thank you for doing your part to help build a better Richmond!
Chief Administrative Office